Too Big, Too Small, Just Right

I love house hunting. When I travel I watch a lot more TV than usual because I have access to cable channels and the HGTV network is just filled with interior decorating ideas, dreamy vacation spots, and buildings full of character that I could imagine myself living in. But taking it one step further and seeking out real listings is just as fun. Zillow.com is public searching of MLS listings and you can totally scout out what is currently available where you are staying. It gives you a really good idea of what it would be like to live in the town you are visiting and you get to understand the people that do live here on a homey level. 

Here's how my little game works:
You have to find 3 houses to drive by, extra points if you find an open house! First find one that is the most expensive in the area. What is luxury in Sandusky, Ohio? Second, find one that you can afford if you were to actually move here. How far does your money go in Sandusky, Ohio? At this point, you've probably driven around the city a couple times. Pick a street that you like, and drive around until you find a for sale sign. Ooooh, pretty right?

Sandusky, Ohio is right on the water and because of that it is easy to know where to prime real estate is. But in winter/early spring there isn't much of water sports or beach going. It makes viewing the waterfront a little different... Regardless, check out this stunner!
Having your own private beach across from those windows?! Amazing!
Let me start out by saying that since yes, I do own my own house in Denver, CO, I will never go back to apartment living ever again. It may lesson your options in big cities but in smaller towns like Sandusky, most are single family homes. There is just something about being able to blast your music, slam doors, or have pets that you can't get in a place where you share a wall. The natural light is an added bonus too. This is the one I decided to drive by. Isn't the brickwork pretty?
I could stretch out on a plot like this
I got to spend almost 3 weeks in the area so I did drive by quite a few spots that had "for sale" signs out front that were tempting for me to list here as my pick. I settled on some cheap but character filled vacation spot in downtown. I see potential down here! There are some really neat buildings mixed in here like a stone New York pizza place 3 story next to colonial farm land shuttered ranches. Such a cool place to open a wine bar next to all of the little quaint boutiques.
Cute for a cozy rainy day after a day on the water



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment